Have you ever walked into the model home showroom of a brand new housing development? There is nothing more exciting than the prospect of building a home from scratch and starting absolutely fresh in a new space. You get to pick the colors of the carpet, choose the countertops and flooring and watch as the home goes up. The nice salespeople in the showroom are happy to help you through the process, but did you know that you can bring your own real estate agent to represent you? Yes, you can and here are the top reasons why you should have your own agent.
- Choose the Right Development – It’s not enough to find a lovely development; understanding the neighborhood and schools play a big part of home values.
- Choose the Right Lot – You might love the corner lot, but your agent can help you consider resale before you buy.
- Consider the Cost of Upgrades – Not all upgrades should be handled through the sales office; your agent can help you understand customary costs for upgrades.
- Contact Negotiation – Did you know that the price and terms of new construction homes can be negotiated? Your agent can get you the best deal.
- Contact Review – Your agent will ensure everything is written correctly in the contract.
- Home Inspection – Your agent will arrange a professional home inspection.
- Your Agent is Free – All this representation and help, yet the home development pays their commission.