Flooring is one of the best ways to give your home an update. Today there are more innovative and durable options for floors than ever before. 2018 design trends are seeing a wide variety of new materials and styles which can interest and warmth while providing a much longer lifecycle than ever before. Here are a few of the most popular flooring products:
- Fumed Wood Flooring: Unlike stained wood, a fuming treatment allows the grain to color through an ammonia treatment. This gives the wood a rich color with less damage.
- Bleached and Blanched Wood: Cool toned wood accents are back and beautiful.
- Reclaimed and Distressed Wood
- Concrete Tiles: Tiles which mimic wood and stone which are more durable
- Textured Tile
- Vintage Black and White Tiles
Unlike the past few decades which found home after home filled with dark granite countertops and cherry wood floors, 2018 design trends celebrate the individual taste. With so many options available, every homeowner will find a product to enhance their personal style and home.
Even better, if you decide to sell your home within the next year, these will make your listing that much more appealing than others.