Are you planning to sell your home? Regardless if this is your first time as a home seller, or maybe you’ve sold many homes, understanding the selling process can assure you that things are going smoothly. Successful transactions don’t just happen; it takes experience and professionals to navigate from staging to closing.
• Escrow Officer – Your escrow officer is a neutral 3rd party, they take the terms agreed to by the parties and ensures they are fulfilled properly. Timeline For Your Home Sale
• Meeting With Your Agent – Your agent will tour your home and discuss your market value (including a comparative market analysis), timing and financial goals in order to create a custom plan for selling your home.
• Preparing Your Home For Sale – Typically even a dated home can be spruced up with small changes in furniture placement, fresh paint, new lighting and/or minor repairs.
• Listing Your House – Once your home is ready for buyers, you will list your home and your agent will implement their marketing plan.
• Offers – Once you receive offers, you will meet with your agent to review them together and determine how to respond.
• Escrow Process For Sellers – The buyers will complete funding requirements, obtain an appraisal and home inspection. As the seller, you will also complete any conditions you’ve agreed to, such as repairs or termite work.
• Closing – Once all conditions have been completed, you will close the sale and receive the proceeds.
The sales process is a series of steps that you and your agent will take together. Knowing what to expect, and when, can alleviate the uncertainty you might feel as a seller.