Regardless of the size of the room, every room will benefit from having an accent wall which acts as a focal point for the décor. In every budget there are some great ways to compliment the design and bring out the colors and features of the space. Here are a few modern ideas for creating an accent wall in any room.
- Paint: use a dark color, such as deep blue, gray or even red to attract the eye and give the appearance of a larger room
- Texture: consider tile, wood or textured wall treatments to add interest, warmth and modernity to your room
- Tone-on-Tone: use the same color but add 3D accents such as a chair rail or for the more adventurous, large geometric patterns created with wood trims and painted the color of the wall
- Shelves: practical and interesting
- Wall art: carefully arrange mirrors or pictures to draw the eye
Accent walls are one way to make a small space seem larger and a huge room cozier. Experiment with texture and color to personalize your room.
Even better, if you decide to sell your home within the next year, these will make your listing that much more appealing than others.