Small spaces can be a decorating challenge. If you are downsizing from a larger home, it can feel especially difficult to find ways to adjust to the smaller environment. But small doesn’t need to mean cramped. Here are 5 great ways to maximize your small space and create a room you love.
- Use Multi-purpose Pieces: sofa beds or murphy beds, ottomans with storage and bookshelves are great furniture choices
- Down-size the furniture too: use furniture tailored to smaller spaces
- Use Mirrors and Lights: a bright room will always feel larger
- Monotone: Use a simple lighter colored palate and subtle tones to add interest without distracting the eye
- De-Clutter: remove extra items which only make the room seem cramped
Even better, if you decide to sell your home within the next year, these will make your listing that much more appealing than others.